Environmental Resources ManagerCareer Area:
ScienceWhat We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking an EnvironmentalResources Manager/Senior Ecologist in the Site Solutions business unit in our PanamaCity, FL office location. This position will be responsible for building andgrowing an environmental resources team based out of Barge's coastal officeareas, Panama City, Florida and Savannah, Georgia. The successful candidate will define, pursueand develop projects and manage client relationships for all CoastalEnvironmental Resources business throughout the company. The candidate will be supported by Barge'sNatural Resources team and one of the responsibilities will be to assist theNatural Resources team with technical assistance on existing projects.
This position will report to the Director of EnvironmentalServices and will be highly visible in a company that prefers to promote fromwithin. The candidate will have thepotential to build, grow, and manage their own team. The optimal candidate will help grow this newdepartment with excellent communication and business development skills. Thereis a strong career path for this position and Barge provides great future opportunitiesfor top performers.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Serves as a coastal environmental lead, building a team that provides coastal environmental resources services including but not limited to coastal resiliency design, stream and wetland restoration, coastal stabilization, jurisdictional determinations, habitat assessments, stream and wetland permitting and environmental disaster recovery
- Serves as a coastal environmental technical lead, providing technical expertise and working with a multidiscipline project team
- Expands Barge's Natural Resources brand in southeast to the coastal areas in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and other potential coastal areas
- Supports on-going Natural Resources projects including stream and wetland mitigation/restoration, stream and wetland delineations, protected species habitat assessments and surveys, and Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404/401 permitting
- Develops scope and fees and manages project completion with regards to client communication, resource management, budget, schedule and quality requirements
- Prepares natural resources technical reports, and other environmental regulatory compliance documents
- Manage local wetland/environmental subs on largeprojects where local teaming is required
Why join us?
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field such as biology, ecology, environmental science/policy, environmental engineering, natural resources planning or a closely related discipline
- 10 plus years of experience in technical writing and field efforts including wetland and stream restoration in the southeast coastal regions and on both Gulf and Atlantic coastal waters
- More than 5 years of experience in project management, preferred
- Master's degree, a plus
- Experience in FDOT and GDOT requirements
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-collaborative team atmosphere with an established group of engineers, scientists, surveyors and administrative staff
- Light travel (25%) is required
Barge Design Solutions,Inc.,is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinarypractice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong andserves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified GreatPlace To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.