is actively seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Botanist to join our Rocky Hilly, CT office to learn and work with a team of talented environmental professionals and apply their academic knowledge in the environmental field. The ideal candidate will have experience with municipal, state and federal wetlands permitting.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently on selected projects, as well as part of a collaborative team on various larger projects. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The position may also include field team management, project management, data analysis, and report writing.At AECOM, were delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Were one global team over 50,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
About AECOMs Environment Business Line
- Conducting botanical surveys for state- and federal-listed plant species, jurisdictional wetland delineations in CT and New England States.
- Habitat/plant community assessment and related natural resources field work.
- Permitting support.
- Utilizes scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
- Performs inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
- Participates in developing corrective measures and procedures.
- Formulates hypothesis, performs research and makes recommendation.
to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.AECOM
is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the worlds most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.AECOMs
Sustainable Legaciesprogram describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS degree in botany, environmental science, soil science, wetland science or related field plus 4 years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Proficiency with GPS and GIS a bonus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with program and project managers, clients, and other disciplines within AECOM.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent technical writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
What We Offer
- Relocation/Per Diem is not available for this position
- Certification as a Certified Soil Scientist/Professional Wetland Scientist highly desirable.
- Due to nature of work, no sponsorship is available for this position.
- Position can be based in any of several New England offices in CT, MA and RI.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youre working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and lets get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
US - Boston, MA - 66 Long Wharf, US - Chelmsford, MA - 250 Apollo DriveVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.