Postdoctoral positions in biology are available in the Zhi Tan laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX), an interdisciplinary group using deep learning, computational chemistry, bioinformatics, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, and molecular cell biology to develop novel therapeutics to tackle complex diseases such as cancers. Successful candidates with a proven track record in chemical biology, biochemistry, or molecular cell biology, as well as high motivation and creative thinking, are expected to work with the team to push the boundaries of cancer research.Job Duties
- Complies with the intellectual property compliance requirements of the institute and laboratory.
- Exhibits honesty with any raw experimental data.
- Conducts literature searches and information summaries in a well-organized format.
- Performs chemical biology and molecular biology experiments including but not limited to: recombinant protein production and purification, cell culture, biochemical and cell-based assays, genetic engineering, murine modeling of cancer.
- Uses computer-interfaced equipment, robotics, and/or high-technology applications to perform work duties.
- Designs advanced experiments and executing protocols.
- Documents and presents experimental results in a professional manner.
- Participates in collaboration with other biological scientists throughout the academic community.
- Helps to develop laboratory culture of urgency and scientific excellence with a focus on therapeutic impact.
- Prepares and gives impressive seminar talks as required by the department.
- Completes other tasks assigned by the department with high quality.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular cell biology, or other relevant fields.
- Exceptional scientific background with a track record of problem solving and delivery.
- Expert in western blotting, ELISA, qPCR, FACS, and cell culture.
- Strong ability to perform both self-directed and guided research.
- Collaborative mindset - strong teamworking capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rapid learning and understanding skills in the following fields: organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, molecular design, pharmacokinetics, patent preparation and prosecution.
- Proactively helps the team succeed - takes ownership of team-based tasks.
- Organized with close attention to detail and strong time management skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN