Burns & McDonnells Chicago office is looking for a Senior Acoustical Consultant to provide acoustical consulting to industrial, healthcare, federal, mission critical, aviation, and utility related projects. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNEs List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in Chicago and numerous other cities across the United States.
This position provides the opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate to help grow and develop our acoustical consulting services within an established Environmental business line at one of the industrys leading firms.
Be a leader within our existing acoustical consulting group, conducting field studies, modeling, providing mitigation designs for a wide range of projects.
- Acoustical and Vibration Consulting: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural acoustics, building mechanical acoustics, audio-visual systems, and environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
- Project Management: Maintain budgets, schedule, project plans, deliverables, and client coordination.
- Conduct field measurements of acoustical and vibration
- Perform acoustical and vibration analysis.
- Prepare reports and communicate acoustical project issues with internal project teams and clients.
- Develop equipment specifications with various project teams.
- Business Development: Develop business opportunities for the acoustical services group within Burns & McDonnell and with external clients.
- Develop proposals, estimates for projects.
- Assist in development of marketing materials and presentations and growing new client relationships.
- Mentor a team of growing acoustical consultants and help by expanding acoustical capabilities within the team.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Up to 25% domestic travel will be required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS in Acoustics, Physics, or other related or engineering degree.
- 8 years of experience.
- INCE certification and/or Member of Acoustical Society of America preferred.
- LEED Associate preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural and Mechanical drawings and technology.
- Proficient in acoustical modeling software.
- Competency in Microsoft Suite.
Yes, 25 % of the TimeReq ID: