Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others to complete science-based projects.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals. May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Performs microbiology testing on the products (medical devices) in accordance to Procedures/ Work instructions provided and the corresponding standard.
- Demonstrates good laboratory practice (GLP) for all microbiology testing including but not limited to adherence to all procedures/ WI's and promptly reporting all the deviations.
- Includes testing of products, raw materials, incoming water, environmental samples and other samples as needed.
- Performs sampling and testing of various environmental components.
- Performs required microbiological testing on the finished device samples.
- Operates all microbiology lab equipment to deliver precise, timely and accurate laboratory results.
- Performs daily lab checks including temperature checks for incubators, refrigerators and other equipment, as required.
- Assists in equipment validation and revalidation including micropipette validation.
- Record all experimental data accurately making sure it is verified.
- Preparation of reagents and media as per the requirements
- Participates in test improvement activities and initiatives by proactively diagnosing and resolving testing problems.
- Manage microbiology lab inventory and order lab supplies.
- Assists in performing basic lab needs such as cleaning and organizing.
- Specific quality functions and trainings should be handled in an organized and timely fashion.
- Supports audits with thorough documentation on raw data, protocols, and final reports.
Qualifications and requirements
- Required Certifications and Training: Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
- Tools: Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology or equivalent with 1-3 years of microbiology laboratory experience. * Preferred -Experience in Microbiology testing of implantable medical devices.
- This is an onsite role
To ensure compliance withapplicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations.Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.#TogetherWeFight