Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins EMLab P&K is searching for an Analyst in Monrovia, CA.
The Analyst primarily performs analysis of Paint Chip, Bulk, and Wipe using Flame AA for Lead. Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and enters laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
- Prepare and analyze environmental Paint Chip, Bulk, and Wipe samples for Flame AA Lead.
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing and Quality Assurance related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Coordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives as needed
- Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
- Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
- Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
- Provides training support for Flame AA Lead Analysis
- Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
- Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
- Performs root cause analysis and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
- Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
- Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
- Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
- 2+ years of experience performing Flame AA Lead analysis on Paint Chip, Bulk, and Wipe samples - REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in geology, microbiology, biology, chemistry or a closely related science REQUIRED
Position is full-time, typically Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with flexibility for overtime and weekend coverage as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.