Environmental Project Manager
Provide environmental restoration and cleanup project management for several federal government clients, leading and aiding environmental technicians and professionals in their job duties. Interpret federal and state laws, regulations, and orders as they apply to environmental programs. Implement policies and procedures to ensure that operating practices comply with reporting requirements. Interface between clients and regulatory agencies concerning contaminated sites. Provide technical guidance, perform technical reviews of site investigation and corrective action documents, perform oversight of field activities, and lead junior staff during field activities. Understand comprehensive environmental compliance requirements for facilities that manage fuel storage tanks, hazardous materials, and operate under various permits, such as the Clean Air Act (CAA) and Clean Water Act (CWA). This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
* 3+ years of experience managing environmental investigations and cleanup or restoration projects under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), or state environmental programs
* 6+ years of experience performing site inspections, assessments, or investigations associated with environmental programs, including CERCLA, RCRA, or state environmental programs, including Phase I and II environmental site assessments, collecting environmental samples, and preparing samples for laboratory analysis
* Experience working with multiple stakeholders to communicate regulatory and technical requirements
* Experience with project management, including scheduling, budget management, subcontracting, client communication, or developing statements of work
* Ability to obtain 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and maintain flexibility and adaptability in a working environment
* Ability to travel 75% of the time
* Ability to develop oral and written communication products in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Teams
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of experience in a consulting role related to environmental science or policy
* Experience working with federal or state government clients
* Knowledge of environmental investigation and remediation, including mitigation of environmental impacts on natural resources and ecosystems or public health
* Knowledge of environmental regulatory compliance, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), State Environmental Policy Acts (SEPA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), RCRA, CERCLA, and the CWA
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.