15907BRLine Of Business:
Health, Safety and EnvironmentPrimary Location:
Salaried Non-ExemptJob Posting:
Lehigh Hanson is North Americas leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the worlds largest building materials companies.
The Environmental Coordinator is based in the field and out of an office based in Redmond, WA, with travel required within Washington and Oregon States (mostly along the I-5 corridor) and reports directly to the Environmental Permitting & Compliance Lead.What youll get to do:
Who we are looking for:
- Assist in maintaining compliance at sites, including conducting and documenting required inspections, identifying potential issues, and recommending solutions, and participation in annual audits and site inspections.
- Maintain data records for compliance and training.
- Monitor environmental systems and collect and report data.
- Manage ground water monitoring program for sites, inclusive of scheduling, monitoring, data management, and reporting.
- Assist Environmental Permitting & Compliance Lead in preparing reports and correspondence for plant, corporate, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Prepares and tracks plant environmental statistics.
- Assist in development and implementation of regional environmental policies, goals, and standards.
- Develops appropriate training material and workshops in coordination with the Environmental Permitting & Compliance Lead.
- Ensure all work completed safely in compliance with all posted Company, Plant and MSHA Safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Any other work as assigned.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Bachelors degree in environmental sciences, chemistry, or relevant degree.
- Familiarity with groundwater well monitoring and state stormwater regulations.
- Two to four years related experience.
- Experience with computers & MS Office Software.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally.
- Ability to work overtime or extended hours as needed (nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to perform all work functions safely
- Valid Driver's License
- Computer, phones, MS Office Software, other required software. Any assigned safety equipment, sampling equipment (e.g., turbidity meter, pH meter), office equipment, some hand tools and any other equipment assigned.
- Ability to lift up 10-15lbs frequently, 25-50lbs occasionally, walk, climb stairs & ladders, sit, stand, crouch, and stoop. Ability to work in all weather conditions including heat, cold, and rain. Ability to use computers, read, write, and communicate clearly. Ability to comply with all MSHA & Company safety regulations and able to utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled