The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Lab Scientist II - Molecular Biology in Morrisville, NC.
• Demonstrates proficiency in Molecular Biology techniques using various instruments and liquid handlers for isolation, quantitation, or normalization of nucleic acids and preparation of next generation sequencing libraries.
• Performs testing in those technical areas for which they are appropriately licensed and/or trained.
• Familiarity with or interest in liquid handling automation methods.
• Work with and support Automation Scientists to troubleshoot instrument and method problems in feasibility stages of development.
• Determines need for repeat testing. Solves routine and most non-routine problems.
• Exhibits ability to meet high performance standards and productivity requirements.
• Performs method and instrument validation tasks as assigned.
• Assists with departmental record keeping and documentation requirements.
• Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills such as excel/word processing, statistical analysis, and laboratory information system.
• Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of all test methods and analytical equipment.
• Commitment to Customer Satisfaction and Quality processes.
Skills & Requirements
• Molecular biology background
• Running assays for sample analysis
• Exposure to high throughput workflow
• Automation experience
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140354