Research Microbiologist I
Company Goldbelt C6, LLC
Work Location Laurel, MD
Req ID 12044
Apply Now (https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=GOLD&cws=37&rid=12044)
Research Microbiologist I Laurel, MD
Employment Type: Full Time Clearance Requirements: Background Check/Pre-Employment Drug Testing FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary) Eligible for Remote Work: No
Goldbelt C6 is focused on research and development, engineering, and logistics services that enhance and enlarge our customers operations. Our expertise is focused on the integration of C6ISR and scientific, engineering, and technical support for a variety of government partners. We are research and data-driven, with a team of experts ready to create custom solutions.
Seeking a Research Microbiologist I in Laurel, MD to support research projects developing methods to isolate, detect, and characterize bacterial food pathogens. The work requires the use of scientific methods, procedures and techniques in bacteriology and molecular biology.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate basic and advanced laboratory equipment, including next generation sequencers, qPCR instrument, incubators, thermal cycler, and other lab equipment.
- Perform nucleic acid extractions and prepare samples to run on PCR or qPCR equipment.
- Prepare environmental samples such as soil, manure, water, etc. to run on next generation sequencers.
- Maintains complete and accurate files for all procedures.
- Record and analyze results, organize data, perform basic computations, and develop reports and summaries of analyses.
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with molecular biology lab techniques including qPCR, PCR, and nucleic acid extraction, and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Knowledge and experience with bacteria.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice ( GLP ).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- At least 1 2 years of recent research laboratory environment.
- Must have experience with qPCR, PCR, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), and bacteria.
Back (https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=GOLD&cws=37) Share