Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Interested in contributing globally to improving and saving lives? Work for one of the largest global testing laboratories at the forefront of one of our state-of-the-art laboratories, each day testing for life and making the world a safer and healthier place.
We are seeking immediate talent to support our clients to help make our world a safer place. We are seeking any and all experience levels including recent graduates with a life science degree in chemistry, biology or related sciences. Additional training will be provided.Perform cutting edge science in world class laboratories to develop your skills and advance your career.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
- Perform environmental monitoring of cleanrooms
- Collect water samples
- Perform microbiological assays such as Gram Stain, Endotoxin, Sterility, Microbial Identification, Growth Promotion, Bioburden and Plate Reading
- Perform visual inspection of final product
- Data entry and trend data
- Assist in investigations regarding out of specifications (OOS) results, address and manage deviations related to micro procedures.
- Routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab spaces
- Perform other duties as required
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology preferred with 0 to 2 years of Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring experience
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as air monitoring, water testing, surface monitoring, genus and species identification of various microbes
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas, and lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass vision exam for visual inspection
- Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality control processes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- At least 1 year related laboratory experience (microbiology and environmental monitoring in a GMP facility preferred)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, 4x10 schedule either Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Santa Monica, California are encouraged to apply.Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- Comprehensive medical coverage, with dental and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.