Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 55 countries and about 58,000 staff.
Eurofins Eaton Analytical, LLC. is the largest potable water testing laboratory in the US, with over 100,000 combined square feet of laboratory space and nearly 200 qualified staff at our California and Indiana facilities. We also maintain service centers in Washington, Arizona, and Colorado. We serve more than 500 clients across the United States and in more than 100 foreign countries and are certified to perform Safe Drinking Water Act compliance analysis across the country.
Eurofins Eaton Analytical, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Scientist located in South Bend, IN. This will be a full time position, scheduled for 40 hours per week. Additional hours may occasionally be needed, depending on sample receipts and work load, including evening or weekend work. You will be required to pass a drug screen. Job Description
The Scientist in Radiological Testing will be responsible for routine analytical procedures in the laboratory. Duties include:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- Routine sample preparation and analyses of water samples by various written EPA and Standard Methods procedures.
- Adherence to QA and QC protocols.
- Data entry and written documentation.
- Clearly communicating issues to customer service representatives.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of reagents and standards.
- May include flexible shifts and/or weekend duties.
- Other general laboratory related duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- BA or BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other related natural science field
- Previously lab experience
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction or sponsorship
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Radiological testing background is ideal
- Prior experience with Wet Chemistry analysis is a plus
- Strong math, statistical, and computer skills
- Strong communication skills and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Role is 1st Shift, Monday - Friday. Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.