Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Chemist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Perform high-level, difficult preps (with minimal assistance from peers or supervisors) following SOPs
• Self train with minimal assistance
• Enter information into LIMS
• Train new or existing employees in extraction techniques
• Use knowledge to improve current processes
• Develop, enhance, and validate new extraction methods
• Keep work area clean and organized
• Prepare spikes
• Repair equipment
• Update departmental SOPs and training manual
• Dispose of wastes in approved manner
• Re-supply chemicals for laboratory areas
• Assist in incident prevention and remediation when necessary
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry or other related degree concentration, orequivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
• At least four years related experience
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.