Job Post Information* : Posted Date 3 weeks ago (7/12/2022 7:07 PM)
# of Openings 1
Job Post Information* : External Company URL www.civettatherapeutics.com
Location : Address 10 Wilson Road
Civetta Therapeutics (located in Cambridge, MA) is developing novel therapeutics through small molecule targeting of beta-propeller domain proteins. Beta-propellers are a class of highly conserved structural proteins that are implicated in a range of indications, including multiple types of cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases. Backed by Deerfield Management, Civetta was founded by William Sellers (Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute) and Eric Fischer (Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School) with the mission to leverage the wide array of biologic functions in which propeller proteins participate to discover impactful new medicines for patients.
We are building a team of talented, dedicated scientists who share our vision and our passion to discover groundbreaking new drugs to treat some of the most difficult diseases, including cancer. If you are an accomplished life sciences professional that can bring significant energy, passion and expertise to the team, we welcome the opportunity to consider you for a position. The Position
We are seeking a highly-motivated Associate Scientist to help support our cell biology efforts at Civetta. This candidate will help us discover and characterize small molecule modulators of beta-propeller proteins, support discovery and validation of new targets, and help propel our ongoing platform and drug discovery programs.This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic biotech environment.
- Develop and execute a wide variety of cellular and molecular techniques to validate and characterize genetic or small molecule perturbations of targets and downstream pathways, such as CRISPR/RNAi tool design/generation, Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, immunoprecipitations, luminescence assays, and phenotypic assays
- Establish engineered cell lines using a variety of techniques (CRISPR endogenous gene editing, over-expression, knock-down and knock-out)
- Support molecular analysis of in vivo models
- Collaborate with colleagues in chemistry, biochemistry/biophysics, and structural biology to evaluate and advance chemical matter for programs and platform efforts
- Design and conduct well controlled high-quality scientific experiments to test biological hypotheses
- Contribute to evaluation and development of new approaches and technologies within the biology group
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook in compliance with company policies
- Strong self-motivation and an urgent desire to advance our science with the end goal of bringing therapeutics to patients is key to succeed at Civetta
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Science discipline with at least 4 years of experience working in an industry lab
- Extensive experience in creating, developing, and running cellular assays; engineering cell lines to express or knock-down genes of interest, and interrogating biological pathways using chemical biology tools
- Experience with general molecular biological techniques including q-PCR, ELISA, proximity-based assays, immunoprecipitations, and Western blotting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact well with colleagues, vendors, CROs, and scientific advisors
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, documentation and multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual wanting to work in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of a startup
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies:
Recruitment is managed through Civetta Therapeutics' Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Civetta, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Civetta Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you if needed.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.