The New York Botanical Garden's Adult Education Department seeks knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors
to teach in the largest, most diverse education program of any botanical garden in the world. We offer more than 700 classes, workshops, and lectures each year in our facilities at the Garden and our Midtown Education Center, as well as online, in the following areas: Botany, Floral Design, Gardening, Horticulture, Landscape Design, and Urban Ecology.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organization culture throughout the institution.
The New York Botanical Garden is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, and further recognizes that diversity in our workforce fosters excellence in our mission of advocating for the plants of the world. Leveraging the strong foundation of existing policies and practices, NYBG will advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility through a number of institutional initiatives. Our aspiration is to continue to cultivate a workforce and institution that is as diverse as the communities we serve and the audiences we engage.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or modify existing curriculum in coordination with NYBG's Program Coordinators, Program Manager, and Director of Adult Education
- Teach 1-2 courses (in-person and online) per semester or more, as needed
- Identify any necessary materials and work with NYBG administration to procure them
- Design appropriate assessments to evaluate student learning when appropriate
- Maintain clear communication with NYBG administration & students
- Use an online portal to take attendance and enter grades
*Salary within the following range: $49-$57 hourly.* Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment. This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact HR@nybg.org .
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the area of expertise is required
- A strong understanding of the content area is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Comfort with basic classroom technology is preferred
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at HR@nybg.org. If you are interested in applying for a position at the New York Botanical Garden, please go to http://www.nybg.org/employment to submit your application.EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans