Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Natick based client is in need of a talented Scientist, Cell Biology to join their ranks. The candidate will work on an assay development and oligonucleotide screening platform to establish and identify lead candidates for pre-clinical validation. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting drug development programs across a broad range of therapeutic areas, including respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, and immunological diseases. Please apply if you are ready to advance your career!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work on a range of projects that directly impact the progress of the companies validation platform.
- Design, conduct and analyze cell-based experiments independently and/or in collaboration with colleagues.
- Execute multiple cellular assays (routine tissue culture, cell growth, mobility and invasion assays) and molecular assays (nucleic acid extraction and quality assessment, immunofluorescence, ELISA, RT-qPCR) in cultured cells and tissue biopsies
- Preparation of experimental method description and validation of results in electronic lab notebook; analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to various stakeholders
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment and is accustomed to consistently delivering high-quality data for key milestones in a timely manner.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline (Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a closely related field) with at least 3+ years of laboratory research experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and DNA/RNA delivery by transfection, transduction, and electroporation.
- Deep hands-on experience with complex experimental design, molecular biology techniques related to gene expression, and RNA biology in mammalian cells.
- Strong expertise in assay design, optimization, validation, and SOP development for routine cell-based assay and molecular biology assays.
- Excellent project management, organization, attention to detail, and record-keeping; ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.