I am currently partnered with a natural resource consulting firm headquartered in Portland, OR., who is seeking an exceptionally self-motivated full time Wetland Scientist who exemplifies their core values of integrity, quality, expertise, and client service. As a team member in their Environmental Services Group, you will support multiple projects, complete and preferably lead technical fieldwork, draft reports, and manage key tasks while serving in a support role for multi-disciplinary projects managed by others. In this role, your major duties will include:
- Conducting all types of wetland-related project work including wetland determinations and delineations, ordinary high water mark delineations, wetland, and stream functional assessments (such as ORWAP and SFAM), and mitigation monitoring in Oregon and Washington.
- Preparing all types of wetland-related documentation including delineation reports, removal/fill permit applications, mitigation plans, and monitoring reports in Oregon and Washington.
- Conducting Natural Resource Assessments and preparing associated reports per Clean Water Services and/or Water Environment Services requirements.
- Supporting other natural resources projects that include botanical and habitat surveys both east and west of the Cascade Range. Some projects are in the central/eastern Oregon high desert and Columbia Plateau regions.
- BA or BS in Biology, Environmental Science, or closely related natural resource field required.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience as a consultant and/or scientist in an environmental consulting firm preferred.
- Professional Wetland Scientist or Wetland Professional in Training certification through the Society of Wetland Scientists' Professional Certification Program is preferred; willingness to become certified is desired.