Environmental Health and Safety Manager needed with Supply Chain Company! Great Pay, Great Benefits!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Joseph Jauregui
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
Founded nearly 90 years ago, we are a supply chain management company that offers management consulting and supply chain services. We are a company with innovation at the core…where ingenuity is continually encouraged…and imagination is carefully nurtured. In a time of creative disruption and rapid advancement, every team member has a pivotal contribution to make. We empower our people with the latest tools and technology and immerse them in a culture of infinite possibilities. In turn, they steer our best thinking and guide our transformation as a company and as an industry.Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- 401 K with generous company match
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holiday schedule
- Life Insurance coverage
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for supporting local operations with driving EH&S excellence. EH&S Manager will partner with location leadership to foster a caring safety culture that values and respects the well-being of each team member in the distribution center.
- Promote and facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for claims management, both Workers Compensation and Auto Liability.
- Investigate accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, implement preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Support creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Manage and lead the site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Develop, maintain, and interpret metrics for all aspect of the EHS program, with strong focus on proactive metrics
- Drive excellence in OSHA, DOT, EPA, and ISO (14001/45001) compliance; lead or assist in OSHA, EPA-RMP or other regulatory inspections.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, reports, training, and employee training
- Conduct or coordinate team member training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Facilitate and conduct observations, audits, coaching and accountability when necessary (At all levels within the organization)
- Identify and address internal and external impacts to the EHS Management Systems.
Should Know Some of the Following
- Distribution or Manufacturing safety
- OSHA, DOT, EPA
- Safety Trainings
- Microsoft Office
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.