Scientist, Cellular Biology (RNA)Location: Cambridge, MA
HireMinds is seeking your expertise in contributions in the lab to design and execution of discovery tRNA Biology efforts to add to our clients growing biotech team. You will add your expertise in cellular biology and primary cell culture in the development of biochemical and cellular assay to support Go/No-Go decision points. You will bring past experience in hands-on work in conducting cell culturing, and add experience in flow cytometry, CRISPR gene editing, and molecular technologies with testing of RNA and/or oligonucleotide-base compounds. As part of this exciting team you will help pioneer a platform of first-in-class tRNA-based therapeutics targeting protein dysfunction and nonsense mutation defects in helping patients by joining this team. If you are excited to join a growing team and contribute to innovative science in the RNA space reach out to the HireMinds team today to learn more and apply. In This Role You'll Be Responsible For:
• Work collaboratively and independently and as part of an innovative team of scientists in design, planning, and execution of experiments that support platform and therapeutic development.
• Design, establish and execute robust, high-quality biochemical and cell-based assays to support lead selection and optimization.
• Establish and perform primary assays and develop functional assays to support hit-to-lead and lead optimization.
• Lead development and execution of cell-based assays to assess biological activity of oligonucleotide-based compounds and help inform go/no-go decision points.
• Manage relationships with external research facilities and CRO partners.
• Provide written and presented updates on data and findings to senior leadership (CSO/CEO) and BOD on regular basis. You'll Bring With You:
- MS or PhD in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline 5+ years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company setting.
- Experience in the lab with hands-on contributions in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, flow cytometry, and cell-base or functional assays.
- Expertise in DNA/RNA/tRNA delivery by transfection; gene editing (CRISPR), delivering oligonucleotide (e.g., siRNA, ASOs) to specific cells and tissues is a plus.
- Expertise in flow cytometry technologies, FACS cell sorting, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry and microscopy is desired.
- In-depth knowledge in assay design, optimization, validation, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Hands-on knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques including: western blot, ELISA, qPCR and molecular cloning.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebook (Benchling) and SOP development is a plus.
- Knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel, GraphPad Prism, Photoshop, Illustrator) to generate graphic illustrations of data to support internal reports and IND fillings or regulatory submissions.
- Critical data analysis, attention to detail, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to evolving biotech demands.
$80-$125k with bonus and comprehensive benefits.