A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The TBD of Environment Health Safety and Sustainability will report directly to the VP Global Engineering & EHS and will work closely with the senior management, the Law team and manufacturing facilities. This position is responsible for the overall creation, development, and maintenance of an effective Environment, Health Safety and Sustainability programs for the organization and its projects. The position is also responsible for leading the sustainability program and developing strategic approaches to stakeholder engagement and for the community investment to meet the Company's sustainability goals.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Ensure Church & Dwight complies with all federal, provincial and territorial regulatory requirements.
· Lead, develop, implement, and maintain Church & Dwight's Environment Health Safety and Sustainability programs, policies and procedures based on leading indicators and actions.
· Lead and promote the organization while building a positive safety culture focus on influencing behaviors;
· Manage and coach Church & Dwight's management teams to ensure compliance in all areas of EHS and Sustainability.
· Lead and coach all employees on interpretation and administration of EHS&S policies and procedures.
· Actively participate in the Corporate Issues Council and Compliance Council.
· Ensure that the Executive Management and is fully aware of the performance of the Company in environmental, health and safety performance.
· Work closely with the plants and the Law Department to sustain the voluntary environmental and safety compliance audit programs.
· Conduct periodic updates for the Board of Directors on applicable issues.
· Review all capital expenditure requests with respect to health, safety and environmental compliance concerns.
· Develop programs to aid communication and interaction between all company operations such as annual conferences, a variety of instructor based, intranet and web based training.
· Conduct environmental and safety audits as needed.
· Lead the health and safety work environment in achieving zero work related accidents.
· Lead, maintain all safety records, analyze on trends, report on statistics, and manage non-compliance.
· Provide lead on accident investigations as needed.
· Lead and manage all near misses, hazard/accident investigations and reporting's.
· Participate in agency inspections and compliance related discussions as needed,
· Participate in workers compensation reviews for trend analysis.
· Participate in new product meeting for EHS and DOT related matters.
· Develop and maintain the Company's disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
· Lead the environmental and sustainability group, be compliant in all sustainability reporting requirements.
· Support the company's security objectives including:
· develop minimum security standards for all company facilities and offices.
· ensuring security presence at company events.
· evaluating and improving the security posture at the corporate and global operations.
· implementing appropriate security programs such as workplace violence prevention.
· Drive sustainability throughout the organization through:
· establish global sustainability initiatives and goals.
· establish the roadmap for key global operations initiatives, such as, carbon neutral, net zero, science based targets.
· participate in the company sustainability report development.
· prepare and submit the carbon disclosure, water report.
· complete the Walmart product sustainability profiles, customer surveys, ACI metrics.
· submit the Walmart project Gigaton annual report.
· participate in any customer social audits as needed.
· primary contact for the Arbor Day Foundation - key partner for the carbon neutral initiative
· Active participant in mergers and acquisitions.
· The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education and Experience Capabilities: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
· Bachelor's degree in Safety management, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or Sustainability and Social Sciences.
· Minimum fifteen years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferably chemical, consumer packaged goods, or related industry.
· Minimum ten years of managing cross functional teams, and operating at a senior level.
· Certified Safety Professional or CHMM cetification is desirable.
· Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations both at federal and state levels.
· Working knowledge of global sustainability principles and how to apply to a global company.
· Minimum ten years of project management and financial budgeting.
· Minimum five years leading, designing, managing and evaluating social sustainable strategies & programs.
Special Skills/Competencies & Requirements:
· Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
· Ability to effectively manage and delegate while maintaining forward motion on key results and deliverables.
· Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior colleagues.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
PandoLogic. Keywords: Construction Safety Manager, Location: EWING, NJ - 08629 , PL: 532420985