Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
At GXO Logistics, we believe that a motivated and engaged workforce is critical to our success. As the Director, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), which can be based in Greenwich, CT, High Point, NC, Charlotte, NC or London, UK, you will lead ESG strategy and reporting initiatives. You will work with leaders across the business to launch and implement ESG initiatives and programs, amplify ESG achievements and opportunities at our 900+ sites around the world. We'll look to you to champion our values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and GXO. Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Serve as a strategic advisor to company leadership and as the external thought leader for environmental, social and governance (ESG) engaging key stakeholder groups such as investors, analysts, media, and customers
- Support cross-functional work streams focused on continuous improvement of ESG programs, targets, metrics, and data quality
- Oversee the company's development and implementation of an ESG scorecard to measure and track progress against key ESG targets and lead the company's periodic materiality assessment
- Consistently monitor industry benchmarking and the quickly evolving regulatory environment, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) climate risk disclosure, along with customer, investor, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other market pressures to advise the company on global best practices with respect to ESG disclosure and business integration
- Lead the annual ESG Reporting process, along with disclosure to investor-related surveys like CDP Worldwide, Sustainalytics, and MSCI, Inc., and expand existing disclosures in indices such as Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Work effectively with the internal and external communications teams to advance the company's reputation with respect to ESG.
- Coordinate communications efforts across multiple internal and external channels, including corporate website, digital platforms, press releases, and others
- Manage, track and update key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to internal targets and public goals and develop a streamlined process for collecting disparate ESG data across the organization
- Coordinate with subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for providing data from existing data systems to ensure continuous improvement of tools for data collection. Partner with IT and ESG SMEs to assist with the implementation of new systems for ESG data collection and tracking
At a minimum, you'll need:
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience working in corporate ESG
- Experience driving development and implementation of ESG disclosure strategy in a large, public company
- Experience working closely with senior executives and board members
- Thorough working knowledge of leading ESG reporting frameworks, including Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) guidelines, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations, and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
- Demonstrated track record of developing and delivering qualitative and quantitative ESG reporting for a U.S. public company.
- Experience managing and tracking Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3) as well as experience with emissions frameworks including but not limited to science-based targets
- Familiarity with the evolving global ESG regulatory landscape
- Familiarity with Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI, Inc., and Sustainalytics ESG ratings and rankings
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor data-heavy messages to specific audiences and simplify complex concepts
- Proven people leadership experience within diverse global teams
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here. Nearest Major Market:
BridgeportNearest Secondary Market: