Associate Director, Advisory, North America (NAM) team
New York City Metropolitan Area
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change on people, planet, and community. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will partner with world class leaders on solving some of the planet's most imminent issues (climate change, human rights, sustainability, and more!) in new and innovative ways to achieve our goals together!
Job overview at a glance
ELEVATE is looking for a senior and experienced professional to help develop our growing sustainability advisory practice in the North American market. The Associate Director, Advisory will co-lead a team of consultants and will be instrumental in the evolution and scaling of our transformative products, building consistency in quality and delivery across our global consulting practice, and achieving our annual revenue targets.This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial individual who is truly passionate about the design / implementation of business-driven sustainability solutions, new market development, high performing teams, and client management and engagement.
You will work with private sector clients spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, food/agriculture, apparel, finance and other industries. You will be part of the leadership of NAM consulting team and will work with ELEVATE teams across the globe to drive the fast-growing ESG market.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of corporate sustainability and are energized by innovative and challenging environments.
The ideal candidate will possess a willingness to be challenged and lead a team of engaged consultants. The Associate Director will have the opportunity to contribute to ELEVATE's high-level strategic direction as we grow over the next 3-5 years and scale our product and service offerings.
Who you are
Are you thrilled by the idea of working in a business that aims to make the world a better place? Do you want to work:
- on environmental, social and governance challenges in the private sector?
- with an amazing team of like-minded creative thinkers?
- in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
- for some of the biggest and most forward-looking brands in the world?
- while - yes - getting paid for it?
What you'll do - Responsibilities
Delivery & Advisory (30%)
- Effectively deliver solutions utilizing the ELEVATE Advisory product-suite
- Work collaboratively with the Customer, Assessments, and Analytics teams to deliver pragmatic, scalable solutions that motivate performance improvement and transparency
- Ensure consistent use of tools, ways of working and world-class quality levels in the delivery of supply chain consulting product offering; this includes across different parts of the consulting organization
- Align with internal leaders on key products, training, templates for productized deliverables etc.; this role requires significant cross-team collaboration and synergistic product oversight / management
- Drive execution of strategic consulting programs in North America with visibility at the executive level
- Guide team on providing reports based on metrics, research, and best practices with a goal of increasing overall success rate
- Support team in detecting issues and investigating ways to resolve quickly as to not impact business development
- Escalate and proactively manage project and product challenges
- Assess team skill set to leverage the team's ability to conduct research, surveys, and interviews to understand client business, compile information, and concisely present to exceed client expectations
Business Development (25%)
- Work with the Customer Team to develop a global client base including relationships with senior industry executives and business leaders
- Manage and grow a pipeline of existing and new business in close collaboration with regional leaders and Customer team; includes forecasting, project planning, implementing pricing strategies, and reporting back to senior leaders
- Lead the development / implementation of a sustainability consulting strategy and structure in US
- Manage relevant Knowledge Hubs, learning platforms and thought leadership, e.g., webinars, blogs per annum, product briefings and trainings (internal and external), etc.
- Work with Customer Team to proactively seek out opportunities to deliver high quality, innovative and impactful consultancy and program development
Leadership / Team Management (25%)
- Support the goals and development of consultants, ways of working and protocols to support cross-business line learning and the systematic sharing and building of best practices and knowledge
- Establish a working environment that enables self-learning, optimizing teams and succession planning; develop potential through coaching
- Oversees goals and the development of country teams - specifically drive the One Consulting processes and ways of working into Sustainability Consulting US
- Manages risks within area of responsibility and implements action plans for relevant deficiencies through proper resource planning and task/project prioritization
- Engagement and promotion with a working environment that enables self-learning, optimizing teams and succession planning
- Utilize ELEVATE Advisory operations data to inform decision making
- Accurate and timely usage of ELEVATE platforms and processes (Wrike, Salesforce, COP and Revenue Recognition, etc.)
Strategic Planning & Revenue Management (20%)
- Inform and implement the global SCC strategy and structure with annual goals aligned to ELEVATE objectives
- Represents ELEVATE as a thought leader at conferences and events, and partners with our Customer, Analytics, Events and Marketing teams with content and insight
- Actively manage recruitment for team
- Based decisions on Operations data / analytics
- Partners with consulting leaders to develop a career path for consultants and establishes a grow from within team mentality to retain talent and develop build a team of successful leaders
- Engagement with a working environment that enables self-learning, optimizing teams and succession planning
- 7-10 years of progressively increasing responsibilities / experience in relevant roles
- Master's degree, MBA, or advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- Proven consulting, client management, and team leadership experience
- Experience managing quality control on projects
- Budget management (revenue and pipeline) preferred
- Experience in business development, with proven track record of working towards ambitious growth targets
- Budget management (revenue and pipeline) preferred
- Experience applying emotional intelligence and managing members in own organization
- Expertise in human rights, environmental sustainability, business and human rights, or supply chain due diligence
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; one additional regional language preferred
- Advanced level skills in business development, client management, business writing, team management, communication skills, networking skills, stakeholder engagement, and management
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and self-management skills
- Strong command of Microsoft 365 suite
- Technical skills in supply chain management (e.g., Segmentation) or corporate sustainability (e.g., carbon emissions accounting) are pluses
- Proven team player and leader
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and succinct manner and influence outcomes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to support and provide clear instructions or feedback to peers and junior staff
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise across topics and sectors
- Ability to respond positively to pressure and adapt in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing work environment
- Ability to work virtually, one on one, and/or in a team
- Capacity to work across different time zones
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here:https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/