Make your mark for patients.
We're here because we want to build the future and transform patients' lives for the better.
At UCB, our people are our experiences and achievements, our passion and drive. That's why we're looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences - not just the best and brightest, but those who care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients. We promote an environment of diversity, openness, and respect where people can make valuable contributions.
An exciting journey lies ahead. Will you join us in pushing the boundaries of what's possible?To strengthen ourDiscovery Biology departmentbased in ourCambridge, MAhub, we are seeking a creative and dynamicNew Pathway Biology Scientistto join our Mechanistic Biology group.
The incumbent will build on established hands-on scientific expertise and drive forward integrated cross-disciplinary efforts to develop the next generation of innovative small molecule and peptide therapeutics for multiple therapeutic programs including complement dysregulation diseases across the global UCB research organization. The candidate will be expected to develop and execute novel biochemical and biophysical assays towards discovery, characterization, and optimization of therapeutical hits and advancing them to late-stage development.You like to work in anenvironmentwhere you can:
- Develop and implement experimental strategy identify novel pathways and targets for therapeutic intervention, impacting across multiple pathological pathways and patient populations.
- Accountability for achieving therapeutic project milestones and delivering on objectives through effective internal and external collaboration across functions and geographies
- Lead a matrixed team of scientists responsible for identification and knowledge building across pathobiological pathways and patient populations including those in neuromuscular disease and diseases caused by nucleotide repeat expansions.
Interested?For this position you'll need the followingeducation, experienceandskills:
- Developing and accessing novel and complex translational assays increasing disease biology understanding.
- Engaging cross-functionally across our therapeutic areas, data science, biology, translational medicine and development sciences capabilities to identify opportunities for therapeutics development where functional genomics tools applied in a translational setting can provide significant insight.
- Driving scientific thinking, excellence and technology developments to maximize both current and future impact on programs and projects.
- PhD with 10+ years of applicable research experience with excellent scientific track record. Preference for at least 5 years of industry experience in therapeutics discovery.
- Strong understanding of assay development, with direct experience with the design, development, optimization and prosecution of experiments for target identification validation
- Independent scientist who can drive new areas with minimal supervision but also to thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to create and work within direct management and matrix leadership environments, with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate scientific strategy and results to stakeholders including project teams and senior management.
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company, focusing on neurology and immunology. We are around 7,600 people in all four corners of the globe, inspired by patients and driven by science.
At UCB, everything we do start with a simple question: "How will this create value for people living with severe disease?". We are on a journey to become the patient-preferred biopharma leader by delivering medicines and solutions that improve lives. We want to ensure the creation of patient value, now and into the future, while contributing to a society where a population of 8 billion people and more should be able to live a good life within limited resources of one planet.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
Where permitted, applicants for employment in the United States must have received or be willing to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire; or, alternatively, agree to be subject to weekly COVID-19 testing, subject to religious and medical exemptions and in accordance with applicable law.
UCB is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protect by law.