Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
- Our Benefits
- Featured Jobs
- Not Finding a Job?
- International Jobs
View Profile Show More Options Send me alerts every days Create Alert Share this Job Director of Compliance Apply now » Date:
Apr 4, 2022 Location:
San Jose, California, United States Company:
Super Micro Computer Job Req ID: 18877 About Supermicro:
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us. Job Summary:
We are seeking a purpose-drive sustainability leader. You will be the primary person responsible for planning and delivering Supermicro's sustainability program. You are someone who closely tracks corporate sustainability trends, burgeoning sustainability regulations/laws, and can interpret them and right-size them for the company. You work well cross-functionally, and know the sustainability data that must be collected to keep customers and third parties happy. You manage staff and delegate in an efficient manner. You work well with both senior management and working-level colleagues, and can push key activities across the goal line that support green computing. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain Company policy and framework on sustainability. Develop and monitor internal procedures to reflect those policies. Establish goals and objectives at both company and site levels in conjunction with other management.
- Provide guidance on all environmental regulations and industry standards related to material use, and electronic, packaging and battery waste.
- Stay abreast of global sustainability and compliance trends, and communicate those requirements internally, as well as to board of directors and executive management. Ensure Supermicro maintains key industry memberships that support sustainability, and perform cost-benefit to decide further memberships.
- Oversee and delegate ESG reporting for third parties, major company investors, and customers.
- Plan and execute supplier due diligence on topics of labor, human rights, conflict minerals and environmental practices.
- Oversee responsible minerals sourcing efforts, through dedicated conflict minerals due diligence and reporting, and participation in minerals tracing programs as they become available.
- Support design and implementation of compliance audits at various key facilities according to established policy and guidelines, and tracks the resolution of any deficiencies noted in the audits.
- Collaborate with operation teams within the Company to develop and establish measurable metrics and oversee collection to perform accurate reporting on supply chain. Assist in overseeing supplier corrective action measures.
- In conjunction with Product Engineering Department and Marketing Department, decide upon product certifications and research and document product attributes for "Green Computing" campaign.
- Coordinate effort in prioritize and measure sustainability investments in infrastructure. Perform cost-benefit analysis of new sustainability investments. Present projects proposal and ongoing progress to executive management and board periodically.
- Support HR Department to implement giving program, diversity program.
- Works with other departmental staff, contractors and/or regulatory agency personnel in resolving and investigating violations of environmental regulations and permit requirements
- Advanced degree preferred in area such as Sustainability, Environmental Science, Law or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of prior strong experience in Corporate Compliance or legal group working on environmental, sustainability, corporate social responsibility or related matters; 5+ years of those in a team leadership position.
- True subject-matter expert on matters related to climate change, and state and federal environmental requirements as well as existing environmental regulations and laws in other countries.
- Experience with sustainability reporting frameworks, including Carbon Disclosure Project, Global Reporting Initiative, and Task-Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures.
- Prior knowledge/experience with EU RoHS, REACH, EU Waste Framework, TSCA, CA Prop 65, Conflict Minerals, etc.
- Familiarity with green buildings and infrastructure, and standards such as LEED and Energy Star for Buildings.
- Familiarity with social and human rights concerns in operations and supply chains, and ability to communicate due diligence needs to Purchasing Department staff.
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills. Superior ability to effectively represent the organization through building collaborative relationships. Ability to convert high level strategy and goals into operational plans.
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Apply now »
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Site Map
- Follow Us
Copyright © 2019 Super Micro Computer, Inc.