A leader in the environmental testing industry is seeking an experienced Analytical Lab Manager to join the team!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Amber Basinger
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $85,000 - $110,000 per year
A bit about us:
A leader in environmental analytical services across multiple industries!
Why join us?
Benefit package includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Employee Bonus Program
Long-term and short-term disability
401k package with company matching
The Emerging Contaminants Analytical Laboratory Manager is responsible for the day-to-day and strategic functions of their department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; meeting client satisfaction/performance goals, scheduling and prioritizing department daily task lists, problem solving, productivity improvements utilizing Lean / Continuous Improvement tools, implementing new procedures and methods, reviewing and validating data, completing reports, and ensuring health and safety and quality assurance compliance. Responsible for all aspects of staff management, including but not limited to hiring, training, development, proficiency, retention, and employee engagement. The Department Manager plays a critical role in helping the company meet its financial and operational goals and objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate work projects with client services representatives to appropriately prioritize laboratory workload to meet client requirements (quality, on-time performance, and Turn Around Time or TAT).
2. Manage all aspects of department operations to ensure compliance to both financial and operational objectives (overtime control, consumable spend, process improvements).
3. Interact, review and communicate details of non-conformances, and rework.
4. Develops, implements, and executes innovative and creative ideas to promote improvements in process operations. Active LEAN participant.
5. Prioritize and schedule sample analyses, communicate due dates, TAT and project specific details. Responsible for quality of samples to be analyzed.
6. Review data produced in assigned department and authorize release.
7. Ensure QA compliance as related to the maintenance and implementation of SOP's, MDL's, IDOC's.
8. Supervise lab staff to ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and SOP requirements.
9. Operate and maintain laboratory analytical equipment requiring advanced and specialized knowledge.
10. Ensure the timely and proper maintenance of equipment and coordinate repairs/backups when necessary.
11. Elevate department issues as necessary and provide production status reports to Operations Director.
12. Participate in interviewing and hiring new staff and making overall staffing decisions.
13. Provide regular ongoing performance feedback and goal setting to staff and evaluate overall performance in yearly performance review.
14. Ensure the training of all new analysts and ensure continuing training and cross-training opportunities for current staff as related to analytical protocols and instrument maintenance.
15. Conduct department operations in compliance with established Health & Safety protocols.
16. Help facilitate sharing of resources with other departments and/or other locations as necessary.
17. Client contact as necessary (i.e. tours, presentations, etc.) to support Customer Service and/or Sales initiatives.
1. Prepare department reports as assigned by Operations Director.
2. Maintain and promote clean work area(s).
3. Assist other laboratory departments as needed.
Minimum Required Skills:
1. Knowledge of safe laboratory practices and emergency protocols
2. Advanced knowledge of all department methods and instrumentation
3. Strong attention to quality and detail
4. Previous leadership experience
5. Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
6. Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
7. Focus on commitment to customer service
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.