Senior Research Associate, Tumor Biology
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Senior Research Associate, Tumor Biology opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
This Senior Research Associate is a laboratory-focused role that will be contribute to the generation of key data for future cell therapy immuno-oncology products. Results will directly impact strategic direction of future products in the immuno-oncology pipeline.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Execute standard in vitro assays for characterization of gene-edited natural killer cell therapy products.
* Contribute to developing new assays towards target discovery and cell therapy platform improvement.
* Work in a highly collaborative environment with multiple other teams--including gene editing, cell differentiation, and in vivo biology--to accomplish shared goals.
* Apply scientific rigor to all aspects of the job, including experimental design, troubleshooting, data analysis, and interpretation.
* Prepare technical reports, experimental summaries, and protocols/SOPs in specific area of research.
* Regularly present research progress at group meetings and team meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
* This position will play a critical role in developing next generation cell therapy products in collaboration with other Astellas sites and project teams.
* Reports to Senior Scientist, Tumor Biology.
* Directly collaborates with colleagues within a core team as well as other teams within the Research group at Universal Cells.
* BS in Molecular and Cell Biology, or a related field with an additional 5+ years of highly-related experience. Or MS in related field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
* Hands-on experience characterizing NK and T immune effector cells using various in vitro assays, including cytotoxicity assays and cytokine profiling assays.
* Ability to execute and analyze multi-color flow cytometry assays.
* Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills with scientific attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong work ethic with a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment.
* Prior industry experience.
* Strong experience with assay development.
* Familiarity and/or experience with in vitro solid tumor models.
* Experience with molecular assays to study gene expression.
* Prior experience studying immune cell metabolism.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled