Looking for an exciting opportunity to have an impact on many of the products which people use in their homes daily? Masco Research and Development is looking for an enthusiastic Microbiologist with a passion for problem solving. Working in a team environment, we strive to provide technical expertise to enable our business units to make informed decisions. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to provide your insights alongside a group of technical specialists to achieve the best outcomes in product development, product failure analysis, and product compliance.Responsibilities
The position offers a unique and exciting challenge owing to the vast array of products in Masco's portfolio including paints and stains, plumbing products and spas. In this position, you will partner with multiple highly motivated and hardworking technical leaders around the organization to develop new products and optimize existing product lines. This will require developing applicable test approaches, interpreting data, and reporting findings to partners across our enterprise. The role involves leading innovation and technical evaluation efforts related to products which are impacted by microbial growth or have antimicrobial properties associated with them.Specific Responsibilities include:
- Supervise staff in the Microbiology Lab and provide guidance, advice, and training to persons enterprise-wide on various aspects of microbial control in Masco products.
- Conduct and coordinate research and testing in the Microbiology Lab and ensure that all testing adheres to established standards.
- Provide background knowledge on microbiological issues affecting products across the enterprise.
- Coordinate work with 3rd party labs to conduct multi-laboratory studies or outside laboratory testing when resources are not available at R&D.
- Monitor scientific and competitive product information as well as analyze, evaluate, and author scientific responses to technical questions and problems to satisfy customer requirements and expectations.
- Provide EPA regulatory guidance on the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to support usage and claims for biocides and antimicrobials.
- Establish dialog between Masco and government, university, and industry trade groups on relevant standards, regulations, and new trends affecting usage of biocides and antimicrobial claims. Maintain a highly visible professional profile for the organization by participation in industry organizations, technical societies, and customer interactions.
- Travel 20%+ or as required internationally to meet the above requirements.
- Graduate degree in Microbiology or related field and 5-8 years of industrial experience in microbial control. PhD preferred.
- Knowledge of microbial control strategies, microbial monitoring methods and government regulation.
- Laboratory experience within the microbiological, chemical, pharmaceutical, food processing or a similar industry is desired.
- Functional knowledge of relevant laboratory equipment associated with microbiological testing including preservation testing, fungal resistance testing and antimicrobial surface testing.
- Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, communication, and presentation software.
Masco Corporation (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish