The Mountain Lion Foundation is seeking a creative, energetic individual with demonstrated leadership and personnel skills for our Executive Director. Based in Sacramento, MLF is a 36 year-old non-profit organization with expanding regional and national ambitions dedicated to mountain lions. MLF employs research, public education, advocacy, legislation, and litigation to pursue its organizational goals of protecting mountain lions and their habitats throughout the country.
Position and Responsibilities
The Executive Director of the Mountain Lion Foundation is the Chief Staff Officer for the organization and is accountable to and reports to the Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Supervise, direct and manage all of the Foundation’s staff, activities, programs and affairs.
- Provide leadership and management to develop and recruit staff, ensure that the Foundation is well-respected both within the organization and throughout the greater conservation community, and remains self-sufficient and financially secure.
- Ensure proper representation of the organization and its mission before agencies, elected representatives, media, funders, donors, community leaders, partner organizations and the community at large.
- Manage the organization’s current programs and planning, including, development, finances, use of technology, program development and evaluation, and human resources.
- Provide regular status updates to the Board of Directors, and participate in regular Board business meetings and designated committee assignments to assure smooth operations of the Foundation.
Compensation and Benefits
The Mountain Lion Foundation is offering:
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Office parking reimbursement.
- 15 days of vacation annually and 10 days of sick time annually.
- Home office shared expense of internet service and phone and reimbursement of general reasonable expenses incurred by the ED.
Prior experience with non-profit organizations is essential. Please review our website for further information about the Foundation at mountainlion.org .
Applicants may submit a cover letter, resume/CV and other supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org