First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are looking for an experienced EHS Manager
for our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Macon, GA. The primary purpose of this role is to direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive environmental, health and safety management system; provides the leadership and expertise to obtain excellence in environmental, health and safety; and ensures compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
Education and experience requirements:
- Develops, implements, and maintains comprehensive management systems in support of company EHS policy and Operating Principles.
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the EHS management systems' effectiveness and recommends appropriate corrective actions for improvement.
- Works closely with site management team to maintain safe and healthy work environments.
- Conducts and coordinates incident investigations to determine root causes and contributing factors.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Coordinates and/or conducts EHS training and maintains records / documentation.
- Prepares studies and analyses of EHS data to establish strategic plans and provide clear direction and guidance toward maintaining / enhancing the site's EHS culture.
- Performs thorough evaluations and inspections of all facilities to detect existing or potential hazards, determine corrective or preventive actions, and ensures proper and timely completion of corrections.
- Responsible for effective communication of EHS policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Administers the Workers Compensation program to ensure reduction in frequency and severity of claims.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable environmental requirements and permits.
- Represents the organization in community or industrial safety groups and programs.
- Provides clear and effective direction and support for all direct reports.
- Responsible for site safety and security.
Excellent compensation and benefit package! For immediate and confidential consideration, please visit our website at www.firstquality.com & click on the Careers Tab!
- Bachelor's degree in related technical, scientific, or engineering discipline and / or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in an EHS role, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- 1+ years of experience managing direct and/or indirect reports
- Strong technical knowledge of EPA / OSHA regulations.
- Computer proficient and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics methods preferred
- Proven project management skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work with teams as well as independently.
- Professional certifications in EHS related field a plus (ex. ASP/CSP, CHMM, etc.)
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.