At Johns Manville, we protect our employees, families, customers and the world around us. We seek a team member who wants to help us protect today to ensure tomorrow. The Waterville, Ohio facility is hiring an Environmental Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining plant environmental programs in the areas of waste, water, RCRA, EPCRA, and ISO 14001, assuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and company policies. As the Environmental Manager, you will drive effective programs to identify and control workplace environmental compliance. The plant currently employs approximately 480 employees and is a multi-shift 24/7 operation. This position reports to the Plant Manager and will be part of the plant management team.
Applicants can expect to make between $83,000 to $113,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Your Day to Day:
* Ensure facility is operating in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and requirements as outlined in U.S. EPA, state and local regulations or otherwise referenced (typically through a site audit, gap analysis, and closure process). This includes keeping up with regulatory changes when they occur.
* Support air quality manager with facility-wide air quality program, assisting with permit preparation and ongoing compliance, as needed.
* Champion initiatives that identify facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks.
* Analyze incident reports, identify trends and areas of opportunity to minimize and eliminate hazards.
* Implement divisional or corporate initiatives when requested.
* Represent the company and interface with local, state and federal agencies, as required.
* Develop and ensure environmental training is conducted, documented and maintained year over year.
* Conduct internal plant environmental audits and inspections to identify deficiencies and areas for improvement. Identify corrective actions and track to closure.
* Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facility's environmental monitoring and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
* Ensure proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead plant efforts to minimize waste.
* Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies, as required, and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote JM's environmental initiatives.
* Develop action plans for environmental activities, lead environmental team, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to Plant Manager and Corporate Environmental group.
* Compile and track all documentation for compliance with environmental permits and required environmental activities with respect to waste, water, RCRA, and EPCRA.
* Prepare all environmental reports (Waste, Water, RCRA, EPCRA) for submittal to federal, state and local agencies.
* Complete all required sampling for waste characterization, waste disposal and special sampling that is required environmentally throughout the facility.
* Lead/participate in environmental incident investigation through completion of root cause analyses and implementation of corrective actions.
* Partner with the operations teams to review capital projects and assess any environmental requirements/impacts.
* Maintain environmental management system (EMS) in compliance with ISO 14001 certification.
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental discipline
* Minimum of 5 years of environmental work experience in a manufacturing environment
* Must have a strong working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to water, solid waste and hazardous waste management.
* Must have familiarity with federal, state and local air quality regulations.
* Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
* Analytical ability to determine and develop solutions to moderately complex problems.
* Demonstrated root-cause analysis skills.
* Demonstrated effective training techniques and skills.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Computer proficiency in software applications required for analyzing, monitoring, reporting and presentations (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Must be flexible, innovative with the ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
* Embraces and drives JM's emphasis on safety and environmental practices to either meet or exceed company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking, and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company, and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled