Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. corporate campuses provide environments to maximize employees' full potential. From meticulous landscaping, to state-of-the-art fitness centers, running trails and more, the Nike Facilities teams keep campuses around the world running at peak performance so employees can operate in an environment that inspires innovation. These teams lead the design and construction of Nike's corporate buildings, supply project management services, ensure workplace security and much more. The end result: an atmosphere that inspires everyone who sets foot on a Nike campus.
An Environment, Health, & Safety Specialist II.
The Environment, Health, & Safety Specialist II supports the site EHS Manager in creating a safety culture. Driving awareness and accountability for EHS performance at all levels. Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local EHS regulations and for implementing global EHS programs. This role works in close collaboration with site partners to develop and implement sustainable EHS programs on site. The EHS Specialist will be most actively engaged in day to day operational safety and will be the face of safety, charged with successfully bringing a safety culture and EHS programs to all levels of the operations.
The candidate will be an effective influencer engaging, guiding and inspiring team members and capable of working autonomously. This position will require an alternative work schedule and requires flexibility to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, to provide operations support during these times, respond to incidents, or as otherwise needed.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON?
You will be working with the EHS team and engaging actively and daily with manufacturing floor operation. You will focus on hazard recognition, safety observations and coaching. Assist as necessary in work required to ensure operations compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. You will support all aspects of injury oversight including reporting, investigation, identification of corrective and preventative actions and publication of safety alerts. You will support comprehensive implementation of AirMI EHS programs, as directed by AirMI EHS leadership. You will assist in the development and delivery of general and equipment specific training for hourly, supervisory, and management team members. Provide support in conducting root cause, risk assessments and JHAs. Also support internal and external inspections and audits, leading all documentation associated with the processes. Assist in producing reports and analysis and key performance indicators as directed by site leadership and EHS manager. Maintain all site documents in accordance with the site record management system. Implement defined elements of Safety Culture as defined by EHS Manager. Develop strong relationships with hourly personnel and supervisory management. You will provide technical and regulatory compliance expertise and support. Identify and solve a range of problems in straightforward situations; analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures. Respond to non-standard requests from internal and/or external customers; investigate with assistance from others as needed. Understand and manage work to site EHS budget, while looking for ways to get more value or be more efficient with expenses. Perform other duties as directed by EHS leadership.
A typical day may include working with Supervisors to assist with incident or hazard observation investigations, development of safety-related communications. In addition, developing or refining EHS programs, standards, inspections, or training.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH?
AirMI EHS Team in collaboration with AirMI teammates in Beaverton, OR, Vietnam, and St. Louis including management and other plant teammates.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EHS curriculum preferred.
- 3-5 years practical experience with EHS program development and implementation in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of EHS regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write and efficiently implement EHS programs.
- Proficiency in conducting root cause investigations, risk assessments and JHAs and in driving continuous improvement and in training others' in critical thinking.
- Knowledge of safety, industrial hygiene and environmental testing methods a plus
- Experience in efficiently working with external service providers
- Collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to influence.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, attention to details, works well contending priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast paced, matrixed organization, with keen time management skills