CMI has an Environmental Compliance Professional opportunity available in North Wales, PA.
Do you want to work with a team of experts who is on the forefront of innovation and regulatory development? Are you looking to join a company that allows more flexibility in your career, encourages new ideas and provides professional training? At CMI, we strive to create pathways for career advancement that suit the individual. We embrace hybrid work flexibility and support the cultural shift towards a greater work-life balance.Who We Are...
Named one of the fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. CMI is a leading global provider of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) services with over 25 years of experience. We have partnered with thousands of domestic and international organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, to develop, implement, and manage EHS programs that reduce cost and legal liabilities while improving compliance and culture. Our clients and their projects span across many industries and require innovative solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental, health, and safety problems. We are dedicated to ensuring client satisfaction and who share the company's philosophy of quality and responsiveness.What your daily responsibilities look like:
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Preparation of various regulatory permit applications (e.g. air permits, stormwater permits, wastewater, hazardous waste, etc.);
- Support ongoing compliance to air, stormwater, hazardous materials, and waste compliance regulations and permits through the performance of emissions calculations, emission statements, stormwater sampling and reporting, hazardous and residual waste tracking and reporting, EPCRA reporting (e.g. Tier II and TRI), etc.;
- Prepare technical documents and reports including assessments, audits, emergency spill plans (SPCC, PPC, SWPPP), stack test protocols and reports, etc.
- Perform technical regulatory research and technical calculations;
- Present effective employee and supervisory training programs to clients
- Serve clients as a technical lead and face-to-face representative
- A degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related discipline is required
- Up to 5 years of progressive and relevant work experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills;
- Ability to plan and organize initiatives to meet predetermined target dates and deadlines;
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills and behaviors;
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental client concerns;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant environmental regulations (i.e. EPA, DOT, State);
- Ability to travel both locally and regionally;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word , Excel, and PowerPoint.
Come be a part of an organization that is growing rapidly, commits to its employees, and is proven to produce tangible results for the EHS community! Benefits and Perks- Here's what we have to offer:
- Prior consulting experience
- Environmental certifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Complimentary Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full Time Employees
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance- for employees, their spouses, and children
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Generous PTO Package- up to 5 weeks per year
- Annual bonuses
- Career Growth- for every employee no matter what stage they are in
- Continued Commitment to Employee Professional Development
- Paid Training- This is a big part of what we do!
- Flexible Work Environment- work remotely, a hybrid schedule, or in an office setting
- Flexible Work/Life Balance- we trust our employees to manage their own time fulfilling customer needs and allowing flexibility for things that are important to them
- Retirement Plan- 401K with company match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Complimentary Snacks and Beverages
- Company Events and Employee Appreciation
CMI is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.