Resp & QualificationsCOMPANY SUMMARY:
CareFirst, Inc., and its affiliated companies, generally referred to as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst), is the Mid-Atlantic regions largest private sector health insurer, serving the healthcare needs of 3.5 million members in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and portions of northern Virginia. The Company offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to individuals and groups, as well as state and federal government sponsored plans. With a market share almost three times that of the closest competitor, the company commands 45 percent penetration across the region.
In July 2018, Brian D. Pieninck assumed the role of President and CEO after serving as the companys COO of Strategic Business Units and IT Division. Under his leadership, the organization completed an extensive review of its operations and clinical programs, resulting in an expansive 3-year strategy to grow and diversify the companys core business. Along with a 5-year vision to drive the transformation of the healthcare experience across the continuum of its members, partners, and communities, the company has placed a renewed and intentional focus on fostering a mission-based culture, which drives every decision the company makes. The organization employs over 5,600 full-time employees in Maryland, Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, and West Virginia. CareFirst has earned multiple workplace awards recognizing its leadership in diversity and inclusion, wellness engagement, and creation of a supportive and equitable work environment for all employees.
At CareFirst, you are part of an inspired, collaborative team that is building the healthcare experience we want for our families and our future. Every day, we make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
We practice empathy, seek to understand, invest in inclusion, demand equity and nurture belonging every day for our employees and the communities we serve. We rely on the rich diversity of our employees experiences and backgrounds to achieve our mission. Every year we host a Week of Equity and Action where we deepen our investment and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. During this week thousands of employees engage in workshops and volunteerism with the goal of bettering themselves and our community.
- Women make up around 70% of CareFirsts employee population, and over 50% identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color).
- We have 9 resource groups that connect employees over shared identities (LGBTQ, veteran status, race, etc.) and passions (climate change, healthy living, leadership development).
- Employees are encouraged to give back and volunteer in their communities with their civic engagement hours.
As a not-for-profit, CareFirst regularly ranks among the most philanthropic organizations with $65 million invested in the community in 2020 to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety, and quality of healthcare throughout its market area. The companys employees consistently add to this impact by devoting thousands of volunteer hours to numerous community organizations and social causes. The companys continued efforts to reinvest in community health care programs has repeatedly earned CareFirst regional accolades as a leading corporate philanthropist, including the No. 2 and No. 7 spots on the Baltimore Business Journal and Washington Business Journals 2019 list of top corporate givers, respectively.PURPOSE:
Supports and focuses on the systematic process employed to develop learning products for the organization through the analysis of learning/business needs, adult learning theory, partnering with subject matter experts, and the ongoing evaluation of programs to maintain accuracy and relevance. Learning products include online courses, instructional manuals, video tutorials, and learning simulations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Designs & develops high quality Instructor-led, eLearning, and multimedia course materials including: course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, presentation slides, diagrams, lab exercises, instructor guides, lab setup guides, job aids, and assessments.
- Creates visually appealing products that adhere to branding guidelines utilizing graphic, authoring, and video production tools.
- Partners cross functionally to scope requirements, objectives, and deliver projects. Conducting front end analysis including needs assessment, task analysis, content analysis, and instructional analysis.
- Applies instructional design principles, methodologies and adult learning theories for better learning experiences.
- Supports the end-to-end design and development process for assigned projects through consistent status updates, leading quality content/product reviews and lessons-learned discussions.
Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Instructional Design, Technology, Education or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
3 years Experience providing user support and training, multimedia training materials development.Preferred Qualifications:
Admin experience with an enterprise level LMS.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to adapt and grow with institutional needs.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively.
- Excellent follow-up, time management, and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Travel RequirementsEstimate Amount:
- Work location varies between home and office.
- Should work in environment most appropriate for daily schedule; may include in-office 1:1s, off-site provider meetings, or at-home project work.
- In-office two to three days a week.
Travel to office 1 to 2 days a week.DepartmentDepartment:
Learning & DevelopmentEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersFederal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship