We're seeking a Structural Biology Scientist
to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Protein Structure Refinement team, you'll leverage your structural biology background to investigate and improve refinement protocols and tools in the field of X-ray crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy to enable and support structure-based drug discovery. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in refining protein structures using state-of-the-art software in the field of X-ray crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy, or NMR spectroscopy, and is eager to further extend and improve structure quality and data-fit. Who will love this job:
What you'll do:
- A savvy scientist who wants to be at the forefront of structural biology and structure-based drug discovery
- A structural biologist with a keen eye for detail and seeking to structurally enable drug discovery projects using lower-resolution data
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you should have:
- Investigate and validate algorithms on existing data to enhance protein structure quality
- Test new computational tools for interactive structure refinement and provide feedback for enhancements
- Develop and implement new statistical metrics to gauge structure quality
- Report on new findings and publish in established scientific journals
- Review code and advise others on best coding practices
Pay and perks:
- PhD in structural biology, computational chemistry, or a related field
- Proficiency with Linux and Python
- Background in one of the following areas: X-ray crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy, protein-structure refinement, or NMR spectroscopy
- Peer-reviewed publications in structural biology or related fields
- Knowledge of structure refinement tools such as Coot, Phenix, CCP4, and ChimeraX
Schrdinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrdinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrdinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.