Senior Lead Project EHS Scientist
Req ID 5660Senior Lead Project EHS ScientistWho We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. Thats why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Lead Project EHS Scientist
for our Jacksonville, FL
office. Our offices in the following locations will also be considered: Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, and additional offices in Florida.
This individual will provide auditing and technical support on a variety of environmental health and safety (EHS) projects.Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Conducting field assignments, such as performing EHS compliance audits, chemical inventory assessments, job hazard assessments, aspect and impact assessments, EHS risk assessments and other similar assignments.
- Developing, supporting and implementing ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 EHS management systems.
- Providing EHS compliance program support for industrial clients including developing work procedures, preparing regulatory permit applications, preparing and submitting periodic regulatory reports (e.g., EPCRA Tier II, TRI, and RCRA Biennial reports), and preparing and conducting EHS training programs.
- Preparing technical reports, including documentation of audits and field investigative procedures, data management and interpretation, and development of graphical and tabular presentation of data.
- This individual should expect to spend approximately 50% of their work time at client sites throughout the United States. This individual should be capable of conducting visual inspections at industrial facilities, including climbing ladders, walking up stairs , and wearing Personal Protective Equipment when required. The individual will gain increasing responsibility for project and proposal management through training provided by Golder.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, or similar scientific discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working as an environmental scientist or EHS compliance specialist completing assignments such as environmental surveys, regulatory reviews/permitting, inspections, EHS training, environmental due diligence assessments, and/or habitat and impact assessments.
- 5 to 7 years of EHS experience with working knowledge of applicable EHS regulations such as: CAA, CWA, EPCRA, RCRA, TSCA, OSHA, DOT.
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying Federal, state, and local EHS regulations.
- Experience developing and auditing EHS programs in industrial settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing and proposal writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
- Certification in field, including ASP, CSP, CHMM, REM or equivalent.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Masters degree inEnvironmental Science; Chemistry; Safety, Health, and Environmental Applied Sciences, or related discipline.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 EHS management systems. Formal auditor training is preferred but not required.
- Experience implementing Health & Safety Programs in an industrial setting is a plus.#LI-AW2
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: JACKSONVILLE - BAYMEADOWS RD
- All locations: US-FL-Belle Glade, US-FL-Coral Gables, US-FL-Daytona Beach, US-FL-Deland, US-FL-Florida City, US-FL-Fort Lauderdale, US-FL-Fort Myers, US-FL-Gainesville, US-FL-Holly Hill, US-FL-Indiantown, US-FL-Jacksonville, US-FL-Jensen Beach, US-FL-Lakeland, US-FL-Marathon, US-FL-Miami, US-FL-Miami Lakes, US-FL-Ocoee, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Palatka, US-FL-Palm Beach Gardens, US-FL-Panama City Beach, US-FL-Pensacola, US-FL-Pompano Beach, US-FL-Sanford, US-FL-Sarasota, US-FL-St Petersburg, US-FL-Tallahassee, US-FL-Tampa, US-FL-Vernon, US-FL-Vero Beach, US-FL-Wellington, US-FL-West Palm Beach, US-GA-Atlanta, US-GA-College Park, US-GA-Hinesville, US-GA-Marietta, US-GA-Savannah, US-NC-Camp Lejeune, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NC-Fayetteville, US-NC-Greensboro, US-NC-Mooresville, US-NC-Raleigh, US-NC-Roanoke Rapids, US-VA-Alberta, US-VA-Arlington, US-VA-Dulles, US-VA-Emporia, US-VA-Herndon, US-VA-Lawrenceville, US-VA-Lorton, US-VA-Norfolk, US-VA-Petersburg, US-VA-Richmond, US-VA-South Hill, US-VA-Templeton, US-VA-Virginia Beach, US-VA-Winchester
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.#LI-HYBRID