Resp & QualificationsCOMPANY SUMMARY:
CareFirst, Inc., and its affiliated companies, generally referred to as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst), is the Mid-Atlantic regions largest private sector health insurer, serving the healthcare needs of 3.5 million members in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and portions of northern Virginia. The Company offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to individuals and groups, as well as state and federal government sponsored plans. With a market share almost three times that of the closest competitor, the company commands 45 percent penetration across the region.
In July 2018, Brian D. Pieninck assumed the role of President and CEO after serving as the companys COO of Strategic Business Units and IT Division. Under his leadership, the organization completed an extensive review of its operations and clinical programs, resulting in an expansive 3-year strategy to grow and diversify the companys core business. Along with a 5-year vision to drive the transformation of the healthcare experience across the continuum of its members, partners, and communities, the company has placed a renewed and intentional focus on fostering a mission-based culture, which drives every decision the company makes. The organization employs over 5,600 full-time employees in Maryland, Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, and West Virginia. CareFirst has earned multiple workplace awards recognizing its leadership in diversity and inclusion, wellness engagement, and creation of a supportive and equitable work environment for all employees.
At CareFirst, you are part of an inspired, collaborative team that is building the healthcare experience we want for our families and our future. Every day, we make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
We practice empathy, seek to understand, invest in inclusion, demand equity and nurture belonging every day for our employees and the communities we serve. We rely on the rich diversity of our employees experiences and backgrounds to achieve our mission. Every year we host a Week of Equity and Action where we deepen our investment and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. During this week thousands of employees engage in workshops and volunteerism with the goal of bettering themselves and our community.
- Women make up around 70% of CareFirsts employee population, and over 50% identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color).
- We have 9 resource groups that connect employees over shared identities (LGBTQ, veteran status, race, etc.) and passions (climate change, healthy living, leadership development).
- Employees are encouraged to give back and volunteer in their communities with their civic engagement hours.
As a not-for-profit, CareFirst regularly ranks among the most philanthropic organizations with $65 million invested in the community in 2020 to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety, and quality of healthcare throughout its market area. The companys employees consistently add to this impact by devoting thousands of volunteer hours to numerous community organizations and social causes. The companys continued efforts to reinvest in community health care programs has repeatedly earned CareFirst regional accolades as a leading corporate philanthropist, including the No. 2 and No. 7 spots on the Baltimore Business Journal and Washington Business Journals 2019 list of top corporate givers, respectively.
This position will be supporting the development and delivery of training for ND50 Claims Processing. Knowledge of using the facets system for claiming processing needed.PURPOSE:
Facilitates training programs to ensure that employees are equipped with the right skills, knowledge/abilities to perform their assigned tasks, strengthen current skills, and acquire new skills to meet current and future business demands. Both virtual Instructor-led and Instructor-led training programs are delivered to maximize reach and impact on the organization.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates both virtual instructor-led & instructor-led training that reflect adult learning ideas to build capabilities and drive behavioral change and engage learners.
- Utilizes business trends and post-learning evaluation to improve training content and delivery.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of training materials.
- Partners with coordinators to maintain scheduling of training courses.
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.QUALIFICATIONS:Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
2 years Experience delivering various training, teaching or adult learning modules to large audiences.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
DepartmentDepartment: Operational TrainingEqual Employment Opportunity
- Facets Claimings Processing.
- Knowledge of adult learning delivery methods and principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning management systems (LMS).
- Ability to troubleshoot and use video editing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to conduct thorough research to uncover insights.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersFederal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship