3D Systems, through the recently announced acquisition of Volumetric, is expanding our collaborative bioprinting program to leverage progress made on the bioprinting of lung scaffolds for application across multiple human organs and tissues. We seek Organ Biologists to work under the direction of the 3D Systems Houston team led by Jordan Miller, PhD (SVP and Chief Scientist for Regenerative Medicine) and Bagrat Grigoryan, PhD (VP of Regenerative Medicine).
Primary Job Functions:
* Utilize advanced biomaterials systems and cellular tools to solve cutting edge challenges in organ physiology and pathophysiology.
* Analyze complex multifaceted biological data and clearly communicate results through written reports and oral presentations. Apply statistical techniques as appropriate.
* Apply experience, analysis and creative thinking to solve new, cutting-edge problems in bioprinting.
* Collaborate across different functional teams and locations to ensure successful completion of necessary projects.
* Develop, document and communicate experiments, new assays, hardware, software and wetware designs, critical parameters and required processes as needed.
* Help ensure documentation is thorough and complete and identifies attributes that are critical to quality.
* Generate valuable intellectual property that is relevant to 3D Systems.
* Work independently with minimal supervision to execute R&D projects and support their successful transition to product development and production.
Education and Training:
* Master's degree in Biology, Pathology, or Bioengineering with demonstrated experience in developmental biology or tissue engineering or equivalent is a plus.
* PhD in in Biology, Pathology, or Bioengineering with demonstrated experience in developmental biology or tissue engineering or equivalent is preferred.
* 2 years of relevant lab experience in biomaterials and/or mammalian cell culture is preferred.
* Proven ability to collaborate in a strong interdisciplinary team environment.
* Proven ability to analyze biological statistics, draw conclusions and clearly report results and suggested next steps.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
* Ability to work independently to deliver results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrates broad knowledge in the fields of regenerative medicine and biofabrication.
* Ability to write business correspondence, reports, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
* Ability to formulate solid conclusions without direct supervision.
* Strong analytical skills to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for defining problems and obtaining solutions.
* Continual learner who works independently and possesses a can-do attitude.
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet tight deadlines.
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (verbal and written).