WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) within BCG's Industrial Goods Practice Area, you will collaborate and partner in a growing global team, providing industry expertise and insights. You will work together with case and proposal teams to provide knowledge assets, analysis, and expert advisory. You'll serve as a thought partner and content expert to case teams and topic/sector leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues.
Additionally, you will drive the development of intellectual property and knowledge assets to support the metals business, serving as an active contributor to commercialization efforts, whilst working with business leaders to drive proposals & go-to-market efforts. You will assist with on-boarding, training, and guiding junior colleagues and share best practices with them.
As heavy emitters of CO2, the metals sector is under significant pressure to decarbonize. Many metal producing industries, especially steel, must undergo a fundamental change in the way how and where they produce. Far-reaching decisions must be taken now, considering maturity of technologies and capex needs, feedstock availability, access to renewable energy and green hydrogen, geo-political turbulences, ability to tap into green metal demand and price premiums. BCG helps global clients in the metals ecosystem tackle these challenges and navigate into a greener future.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
• Solving complex client problems through relevant analytical approaches and customized solutions
• Driving development and maintenance of knowledge assets e.g., tools, sector materials, based on different client contexts
• Communicating with senior stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to engage your audience effectively
• Managing a portfolio of projects, with strong awareness of business priorities and commercial impact
• Training, coaching, and mentoring junior team members
• Working in an ever changing and complex environment, and comfortable with ambiguity and navigating a fast-paced environment
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• 1-2+ years of consulting experience in metals topics
• In lieu of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum metals industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
• Background on ESG and climate change topics across metals sector preferred
• Bachelor's Degree required (advanced degree preferred)
• Fluency in English
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team
YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members can be staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA's business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.