Join a team that's passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:Plastics:
With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants. Industrial intermediates:
As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives, and lubricants, and more. Coatings:
Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability. Silicone businesses:
Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority-because sharing our perspectives and building on each other's ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?Dow
has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Delivery Leader
to support Michigan Operations.About you
As the Sr. Environmental Delivery Leader, you will lead the implementation of the environmental management system across Michigan Operations. This role will ensure the business, and site goals and objectives are met and that the license to operate is maintained. This role also provides people leadership to the Michigan Operations environmental team which includes site leveraged resources as well as the plant assigned environmental specialists. This role develops plans of execution to ensure alignment with operational and business long-term strategy. As a leader you are expected to foster a work environment with a high level of integrity, strong customer and regulatory focus, embrace inclusion and diversity, inspire innovation, engrain environmental sustainability, seek continuous improvement, and empower your team.
Also, you can complete each of the following tasks:
- Collaborate, leverage, and ensure connectivity with EH&S Sustainability/Business Services/Environmental Expertise/Regulatory Affairs in order to ensure seamless support of all Environmental performance improvement and license to operate activities which include permit modification/renewals, compliance/Sustainability reporting, Agency Inspections and new/modified regulations.
- Identify regional opportunities and facilitate the process to leverage Environmental resources across the sites as needed.
- Plan regional resourcing and determine specific business needs.
- Coach other EH&S team members to determine specific Environmental needs that can be optimized by leveraging across the region.
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, implementing global initiatives and regional specific projects through the regional group to achieve results.
- Develop cost-effective implementation of Environmental systems through effectively leveraging of resources, standard work processes, common systems, learnings and sponsoring improvement and compliance projects across the region.
- Determine how to resource field assessments necessary to drive performance improvement efforts, in consultation with EH&S leadership.
- Own and implement the regional Environmental people work processes, tools and procedures and ensures execution to attain and maintain and effective Environmental organizational support structure.
- Develop a supporting network in which the regional Environmental team can train, coach, and develop operational resources.
- Serve as Consent Decree Program manager which includes managing consultants across the 19 project legs, coordinating communications to legal, regulatory affairs and leadership, and forecasting and sustaining program budget.
Your preferred qualifications include:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or relevant military experience at or above a U.S. E6 ranking or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class ranking
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (i.e., engineering, manufacturing, or related experience)
- Environmental management system experience
- Previous people leadership experience
: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.To apply:
- Sign in or create your account.
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.