Who We Are:
The Analytical and Environmental Chemistry performs research, method development and analytical services for industrial and government clients. Our scientists are use critical thinking and application skills to design approaches to meet our client's research or regulatory need. Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical and laboratory support according to established methods and procedures for a variety of programs.
- Organize and schedule tasks to meet requirements for a number of concurrent projects.
- Perform preparation processes, including extractions and digestions on various sample types.
- Assist senior scientists in the development, setup, and performance of non-routine, specialty analyses.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation, including basic troubleshooting.
- Perform tests on client supplied samples, some hazardous and/or radioactive, according to laboratory procedures, interpret and evaluate the test results, and generate data reports.
- Prepare reference standards and client supplied samples for analyses.
- Setup and perform various chemical experiments, laboratory functions, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of laboratory records.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow quality policies and safety procedures.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Chemistry degree is preferred
- Other directly related Physical Sciences degrees with appropriate related experience may be considered
- 1 year: Hands-on Environmental or Analytical Laboratory Experience, or other related lab experience with GC, GC/MS, HRMS, HPLC, LC/MS, IC, ICP-AES, and/or ICP-MS
- Strong math, organizational, and communication skills
- Must have good attention to detail
- Willing and able to work on weekends when necessary to meet workload demands and deadlines
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.