Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to market drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today's innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI, Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for decades to come. The sky's the limit.
Careers at RMB are fast-moving, with the high growth you'd expect from a world leader in microbiology automation. Advancement at RMB affords an opportunity to achieve your personal goals and develop your passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You'll do more, learn more, and can make a profound impact on our business. General Description:
Rapid Micro Biosystems is seeking a Sr. Scientist, R&D Microbiology for new product development, research, and application support efforts for the Growth Direct™ System platform.Key Responsibilities:
- Execute experiments within GLP/GMP environment to support design, development, and validation of new products for use in Quality Control (QC) Microbiology Laboratories.
- Support product development, continuous improvement, and support activities associated with the Growth Direct™ System and its consumables.
- Collaborate with the Staff Scientist and other R&D team members to design experiments, develop new testing applications, perform method validations, analyze data, draft reports, and assist with publications.
- Generate presentations and maintain project dashboards used to share experimental data and project updates with team members and leadership.
- Serve as a technical resource for customers and junior members of the R&D laboratory.
- Provide customer application support and perform experiments for sales and marking efforts.
- BS in Microbiology or other relevant science
- A minimum of 5 years (3 years with master's degree) experience in R&D or QC Microbiology laboratories with working knowledge of GLP/GMP regulated environments, such as Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or Food.
- Experience performing common microbiology laboratory techniques and equipment, such as pipettes, bacterial cultures, media/buffer, Biosafety cabinets, fume hoods, and autoclaves.
- Knowledge of routine QC Microbiology testing, such as Sterility, Bioburden, and Environmental Monitoring.
- Experience with test method design, suitability/verification, and validation activities.
- Experience with culture media formulation and preparation.
- Action oriented self-starter and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, but comfortable working in regulated environments
- MS in Microbiology or relevant science
- Experience with data analysis tools, such as Minitab.
- Membership and experience working with Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) and American Society for Microbiology (ASM) guidelines.
ABOUT RAPID MICRO BIOSYSTEMS:
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
Rapid Micro Biosystems creates, sells, validates, and services innovative products for fast, accurate, and efficient detection of microbial contamination in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology products, medical devices, and personal care products.
The company's Growth Direct™-the first and only growth-based system to automate rapid compendial QC Micro testing-ensures data integrity, compliance, and operational efficiencies driven by rapid methods and automation.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is dedicated to providing groundbreaking technology and products to support companies in their journey to achieve greater reliability, efficiency, and better predictability, ultimately providing higher quality products for improved patient outcomes.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts. Our research & development, and manufacturing operations are located in Lowell, Massachusetts. Additionally, we maintain field offices in Freising, Germany; Switzerland, and Singapore. Equal Opportunity:
Rapid Micro Biosystems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Rapid Micro Biosystems discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.Please no phone calls or agencies, please.