Join a team that's passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:Plastics:
With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants. Industrial intermediates:
As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives, and lubricants, and more. Coatings:
Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability. Silicone businesses:
Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority-because sharing our perspectives and building on each other's ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?Dow
has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Air Specialist
, located in Midland, MI
As the Environmental Air Specialist, you will support the Environmental Delivery Organization on site and work to improve environmental work processes, standards, and procedures to ensure regulatory and safety compliance, add value to meet site objectives, and maintain the license to operate.Responsibilities / Duties:
- Oversees Environmental equipment performance testing Specific Plants.
- Regularly interfaces with regulatory authorities for inspections, inquiries, audits and permit negotiations.
- Permit(s) requirement analysis and compliance plans including documentation strategies and regulatory applicability assessments.
- Serves with other Environmental Specialists as an Air subject matter expert.
- Provides updates to environmental permits for plants and implementation of the requirements management work process.
- Performs data collection and reporting for environmental compliance data including emissions reporting.
- Interprets and applies environmental regulations.
- Facilitates/participates in Environmental incident investigations.
- Implements new or updated Environmental programs.
- Provides Environmental expertise and input to the site and functional efforts for improving operating discipline and documentation. Serves as a reviewer for the Management of Change process.
- Provides Environmental expertise to define projects necessary for successful achievement of the corporate EH&S goals.
- Streamlines Environmental work processes by developing/updating operating discipline and associated tools.
Your preferred qualifications include:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or relevant military experience at or above a U.S. E6 ranking or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class ranking
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include:
- A degree in a Science-related discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Environment Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Plant engineering experience
- Environmental experience
- Chemical manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of air permitting and air exemptions
- Being proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrating competencies in the areas of: leadership, initiative, teamwork, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Ensuring a safe work environment by working safely and, complying with environmental, health and safety standards
- Strong work ethic and being able to remain productive in an empowered team environment
: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.To apply:
- Sign in or create your account.
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.