Who We Are:
The Environmental team is responsible for ensuring the protection of the environment. This is accomplished through continually improving processes, complying with applicable regulatory requirements, and minimizing the impact on the environment through pollution prevention. Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Independently perform periodic inspections and visible emission observations, identify nonconformances, and compile reports in support of the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Plan and the air quality program.
- Collect environmental samples (air, water, waste, soil), review analytical reports, and use critical thinking skills to assess environmental impacts.
- Support environmental staff with receiving, cataloging, organizing, shipping, and reconciliation of waste and recycling; remediation activities; and other duties as assigned.
- Provide solutions for continuous improvement of environmental programs.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks such as organizing, cleaning, and other assigned tasks.
- Complete inspection reports and compile visible emission observation results.
- Organize, file, and maintain applicable environmental documentation.
- Conduct field visits with Institute personnel and provide assistance in preparing or reviewing environmental procedures.
- As assigned, will support emergency response activities, promote environmental educational campaigns, monitor environmental-related work requests, and use the internal IT systems to track environmental-related issues to completion.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Engineering Technology or directly related
- 0-2 years: Experience in environmental inspections and compliance documentation
- 0-2 years: Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 0-2 years: Must have clear communication and problem solving skills and be well organized with excellent attention to details
- A valid/clear driver's license is required