Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
STAT Analysis Corporation (STAT) is a full-service environmental and industrial hygiene laboratory located in Chicago, Illinois. STAT has consistently demonstrated unparalleled professional services to its wide range of clients for many years. STAT is well known for rapid analytical turnaround times and the ability to analyze large volumes of samples. We also have stringent Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures to produce consistent, reliable, and defensible data. All these qualities have helped us to ensure an excellent reputation with our clients. STAT is strategically located just west of Chicago's loop and is readily accessible by all major expressways. Our laboratory is equipped with the latest high-performance instrumentation in a sophisticated, state-of-the-art facility.OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Manager the Extraction Lab Technician performs a wide variety of lab procedures for sample preparation to meet client objectives. The Extraction Lab Technician extracts samples to prepare them for instrument analysis (GC, GCMS, and HPLC). The samples are analyzed for contaminants such as pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and polyaromatic hydrocarbons. The Extraction Lab Technician works to complete their own assignments on time and proactively assist other team members as need arises. All activities must be performed according to EMTs standard operating procedures in a culture of safe action, honest, and ethical behavior.SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Develop a deep understanding of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the underlying QC and analytical requirements for the assigned procedures.
- Perform sample preparation in accordance with the SOPs.
- Support Extraction Department personnel to accomplish day-to-day work flow as assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for quality of samples that are extracted.
- Communicate department issues and provide status reports to the Manager.
- Clean and maintain and laboratory equipment, instrumentation (pH meters, pipettes, volumetric flasks etc.), and work areas assigned to you.
- Other tasks will be assigned from time to time consistent with the objectives of the position such as sample disposal, reagent and standards preparation, monitoring and communicating supply needs, and internal quality studies.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Must be able to lift or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds using correct and safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to work in a cold room/cooler for short periods of time.
- Must be able to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the position.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and smell.
- Bachelors degree in the sciences with laboratory experience. Coursework, particularly labs in chemistry, a strong benefit.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, and willingness to learn our Laboratory Information Management System
- Multi-tasking skills and enjoy a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-directed, goal oriented.
- Have good interpersonal and teamwork skills.