Plant Biology Research Assistant - $17-$20/hr - Hiring Immediately
What's In It For You:
- $17-$20 per hour pay rate
- A great place to get your foot in the door and meet some of the country's top scientists
- Warm, collegial, and collaborative work environment
- Strong opportunity for professional and career growth (great for biology students and recent grads!)
- Great organization to have on your resume
- Laidback environment
- A company that promotes work-life balance and wellness programs
- Join an organization that recognizes and rewards hard work
- Supportive and empowering management
- Good onboarding program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Friendly and cool staff of professionals
About the Opportunity:
- A renowned, award-winning, scientific research institute located in San Diego, CA is looking for a reliable Plant Biology Research Assistant to join their team of experts.
- The institute was founded by the developer of the polio vaccine and consistently ranks among the top institutions in the US in terms of research output and quality in the life sciences.
- You will work closely with a more experienced-level Research Assistant and other members of the project. Your responsibilities include plant maintenance and manipulation, image acquisition, trait measurement, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
Plant Biology Research Assistant Responsibilities:
- Phenotypes plants and evaluates plant traits if there are any changes
- Performs plant tissue dissection
- Assists with maintaining lab stocks
- Performs selection and genotyping of plants
Plant Biology Research Assistant Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- Experience in plant research is a plus
- Ability to follow directions, conduct research and analyze data
There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. #Pando3-1
PandoLogic. Keywords: Biology Laboratory Assistant, Location: SAN DIEGO, CA - 92108 , PL: 539436034