As a junior data analyst, you will work within Arium's scenario and research group, part of Extreme Event Solutions' Research and Modeling department, to support the research and modeling undergirding our models of complex emerging commercial liability risks. These risks cover a range of topics, from climate change to obesity to chemical exposures. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the development of the models used by our insurance, reinsurance, and brokerage clients. You will not need to be an expert in any of these risks, but you should have experience conducting research in a high-uncertainty space, building models with limited data, and be a critical and creative thinker with a strong drive to grapple with complex topics. You should also have a demonstrated ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines. This role is based in Boston, MA.
About the Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role
· Working closely with our scenario and research team, you will conduct research and analysis to support the development of emerging risk scenarios, ranging from climate change to obesity to chemical exposures.
· Building out modeling and estimation frameworks for new emerging risks facing the property/casualty insurance industry.
· Updating and refining modeling frameworks for legacy emerging risk scenarios to improve consistency and better reflect the latest research and industry understanding.
· Communicating research and modeling findings to internal and external stakeholders.
· Constructing documentation for each new emerging risk model and supporting research.