Greater St. Louis Region - St. Louis, MOPosition Type
4 Year Degree
SCI Engineering, Inc. is a multi-discipline firm offering a variety of services from the design development stage through construction. We specialize in Geotechnical, Environmental, Natural Resources, Cultural Resources and Construction Material Testing services. The Wetland Biologist position will be on an as needed basis and will serve as a contract employee on specific projects.
They work closely with all firm members as part of the project team. This position requires professionalism and a willingness to work not only to meet expected deadlines but also as needed for excellence in service. The wetland biologist provides support of a highly complex and responsible nature, interfacing regularly, comfortably and confidently with various levels both inside and outside the firm. The position requires considerable discretion, initiative, and independent judgment in non-routine matters. Essential Functions
- Completion of wetland and waterbody delineations, both locally and regionally
- Documenting field data on appropriate field data forms
- Photo documentation of existing field conditions
- Experience conducting threatened and endangered species habitat assessments is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
- Previous experience conducting wetland delineations utilizing U.S. Army Corps of Engineers guidelines and standards is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and enjoy working outside.
- The willingness to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time. Most projects will be located within the Midwest.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Requires a basic logical understanding of computers, general hardware and software.
SCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.