Environment, Health and Safety InternRequisition ID
Shift 1# of Openings
We have an opportunity for an Intern to join our team in Bloomfield, CT.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.Power your career with an industry leader that powers the future.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete Confined Space Assessments for Kamatics buildings. Work with Environmental engineer, Fire Department and Safety. Requires additional Coursework, Interpersonal communications, Use of measuring tools, Computer and working outdoors.
- Work with Kamatics Maintenance to create/update Lockout Tagout procedures. Includes completion of Training and use of Lockout tagout software.
- Complete annual inspections of Ladders and other equipment. Work with Safety, Operations and Maintenance to complete these inspections.
- Input records to VelocityEHS online system. Requires communications with different parts of the organization, creation of forms, procedures and checklists, basic understanding of EHS management system structure
- Complete weekly and monthly tasks for the EHS department including EHS tips, Toolbox talks, Postings around the facility, Continuous improvement activities (5S, Audits)
- Prefer minimum of Sophomore year college courses completed toward Occupational Safety, Environmental engineering, Industrial engineering, Applied Health or other similar degree program
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in Company Proprietary environments as required.
- Physical requirements: Lift and move up to 50 lbs. occasionally; Walk for distances including use of stairs; Wear steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other personal protective equipment as required. Work with and around machinery, chemicals, heat, cold, and work at heights.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and work on numerous projects
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and conduct Root Cause analysis
- Willingness to do research, take additional training courses and work independently to complete tasks
Monday - Friday, hours and days flexibleKaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.