The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.Why
To protect nature and improve lives it's becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.How
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.Position summary:
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented individual to support environmental and climate-themed projects from the Markets Innovation portfolio. The Markets Innovation team engages with companies to implement sustainability solutions beyond the scope of Rainforest Alliance certification. Projects focus on topics such as climate change accounting and mitigation, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, landscape restoration, and forest conservation. Projects operate at both a global and strategic level as well as field-based implementation in key tropical landscapes around the world.
The individual will be part of a small and inter-disciplinary team that implements the above projects with private sector partners. The individual will support project design, delivery of project outcomes, and communication with the companies that fund the projects. The individual will provide a broad range of support to Markets Innovation team and field-based program staff to facilitate successful implementation and effective knowledge capture of projects.Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of project activities with company partners, field team, and colleagues across the organization to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Support the management of environmental markets innovation projects, including budget, compliance, and troubleshooting with field-based colleagues.
- Manage budget spend and conduct budget tracking to be reviewed monthly with the Manager
- Draft project reports as stipulated by agreement, and draft project profiles, stories, and other communications products to describe the impact and experience of the project
- Conduct background research about project themes (climate, regenerative agriculture, forests, etc.), key trends, and sustainability risks in the sector and origin of interest
- Support the development of new service offerings (e.g. concept notes or project proposals) to facilitate corporate investments in origin for identified thematic priorities
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sustainability, agriculture, and climate change;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental or sustainability field
- Knowledge of the private sector's role to set and implement sustainability goals
- Technical knowledge of regenerative agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, tropical ecosystems, and agricultural supply chains
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English; other languages - Spanish, French, Portuguese (desirable)
Commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org