Competitive Pay! Full Benefits! Bonuses + More!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Juan Correa
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $70,000 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are developing cures for other genetic epilepsies and CNS indications. Beyond CNS we are also pursuing non-CNS indications caused by haploinsufficiency and/or nonsense mutations.Why join us?
- Great Competitive Base Salary!
- Yearly Bonuses! Stock Options!
- Competitive PTO!
- 401K Match!
- Full Benefits!
As an expert scientist in cellular neurobiology, you will be responsible for establishing cellular assays to demonstrate in vitro proof of concept for our tRNA therapeutic leads and characterize the cellular activity and downstream disease-relevant biology to help prioritize candidates for in vivo studies.
- Establish in vitro disease models in relevant cell types including primary neurons and glia isolated from transgenic animal models and patient-derived iPSC lines.
- Design, troubleshoot, and execute cell-based assays in human and rodent cell lines to characterize the efficacy and safety of our novel tRNA therapeutic leads.
- Understand mechanism of action of lead candidates and establish assays and endpoints relevant to downstream target and disease biology.
- Conduct literature searches; communicate understanding in internal forums and with external collaborators and partners.
- A BS/MS in Neurobiology, Molecular/Cellular Biology, physiology, or a related discipline.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a variety of molecular, cellular and/or physiological techniques (isolating rodent neurons and establishing primary neuronal cultures, neurite outgrowth, qPCR, western blotting, microscopy, calcium imaging, synaptic imaging, multi-electrode arrays, human IPS/ES cell culture, etc).
- Prior experience using AAV/lentivirus in primary or iPSC-derived neurons is highly desirable.
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies quickly and run experiments independently.
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues and effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fluid, fast-paced work environment.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.